Saturday, August 23, 2008

Additional, much shorter clarification

I am NOT anti-Mormon.

I am an ex-mormon, yes. But I don't care one bit what you believe in.

However, as a Mormon, I didn't know these were things that I "supposedly" believed it, because, on the contrary, I did NOT believe them. Hence, the ex-mormon.

If you actually do believe everything, good for you.

I might not understand why you do, but you have every right to believe that, I'm not going to try to change your mind.

I do reserve the right to tease, though, about things I find silly... just like you might tease the Scientologists or the Marijuana Party, or Trekkies, or any other CHOICES that people might make! :-)

That is all.

1 comment:

Liam said...

I'm the same way about Catholics...

I was baptized in the Catholic church (and note the big C). My mom is from Ireland, go figure.

When I was about 7 my parents decided that if they weren't going to follow all the rules of the Catholic church (birth control, confession, yadda yadda), what was the point of being Catholic. So they converted to Episcopalian... which is still catholic (little c) but doesn't have all the rules and stuff... I like to refer to it as Catholicism Lite. The Episcopal Church is virtually the same as the Catholic church except they don't have all the 'silly' rules. They even say the Pope is important (although not the leader of the church).

Anyways, once I moved away from home and got a brain of my own I pretty much came to the conclusion that I'm not anything, although I still think of myself as Episcopal for some reason. We had our kids baptized in the Episcopal church, mainly for my parents, but that was the last time I went to church... We've been to church 3 times in the past 10 years... for our 3 kids baptisms...

But I still know far too much about Catholicism and Anglicanism (which is what the rest of the world calls Episcopals)